jPDFEditor – Java PDF Visual Redacting and Editing Component
jPDFEditor – Java PDF Editing and Redacting Component
jPDFEditor is intended for developers and integrators. For end-users, Qoppa Software offers PDF Studio, our advanced end-user desktop PDF editor for Mac, Windows and Linux based on our same solid PDF technology.
Display PDF documents and allow your users to review and edit PDF documents with jPDFEditor.
jPDFEditor is built on Qoppa’s proprietary PDF technology, it does not require any client installation or third party programs, it is a self contained Java component that can be deployed in a Java application or a web application (in a web page as an applet, or a Java webstart application). Since it is written in Java, it allows your application to remain platform independent and run on Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix.
jPDFEditor can load documents from files on a local or network drive, from a URL and from Java input streams for documents that are generated runtime or come from other sources, such as a database. After editing documents, the library can save them to a local file or the host application can override the save function to save the file to any location locally or to a web server.
jPDFEditor supports all the annotating and form filling features found in jPDFNotes, plus more powerful editing features:
- Content Editing: the content editing tool allows users to modify content in PDF documents:
- Copy, delete, edit, move text
- Copy, delete, move, resize images
- Copy, delete, edit, move, resize shapes and paths
- Work with single or multiple text, image, or path objects
- Redaction: the redaction feature lets users permanently remove sensitive information from PDF documents:
- Add redaction annotations to cover an area on a page. The area can contain any PDF objects such as text, image, or shape objects.
- “Burn” the redaction annotations to remove the underlying content that intersects with the area redacted.
- Access to jPDFProcess API: jPDFEditor comes packaged with Qoppa’s jPDFProcess library, providing access to a rich API to further manipulate PDF documents.
- Display PDF files
- Print PDF files
- Convert text and image files (gif, png, jpg, tiff) to PDF on the fly
- Fill and save interactive PDF forms
- Markup PDFs (all PDF annotations and text markups supported)
- Digitally sign PDF files
- Content editing
- Optional OCR module
- Optional Comparison module
- Access jPDFProcess powerful PDF manipulation API
- Text search, selection, copy
- Easy navigation with thumbnail, bookmark, annotation, signature views
- Advanced tools: zoom, loupe, snapshot, pan and zoom
- Supports latest PDF format, including layers
- Support for all image types: PNG, TIFF, JPEG, JBIG2 and JPEG 2000
- Customizable toolbar and user interface
- Support for all font types, all color spaces
- Scan-to-PDF to create documents from scan (optional module)
- Works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix (100% Java)
- Available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
If you require any additional information, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also try PDF Studio, our end-user PDF application which demonstrates all the capabilities of our Java PDF components.