Jobs at Qoppa Software
Please find below information about career opportunities at Qoppa Software.
About our company
Qoppa Software is an exciting, fast-growing company where each employee’s contribution is valued. We’re located in Atlanta, right next to Piedmont Park.
We offer competitive pay depending on experience and a possibility for growth within the company.
We provide generous benefits:
- Our paid-time off plan is generous and includes vacation time, sick days, holidays.
- We contribute towards retirement a percentage of salary without need for matching.
- We have good health and dental insurance plans.
Qoppa Software’s work ethic:
- Relaxed, low-stress environment of cooperative achievement.
- We’re a small team achieving lofty goals.
- We work hard, we enjoy what we do and we value our personal lives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Note that because we’re a small company, we will only consider local candidates from Georgia that are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
No phone calls about the jobs. No staffing agencies.
To apply, please e-mail resume, motivation letter, salary expectation and any related material you might want to include to email@example.com.
Our Current Job Openings
Technical Java Product Manager
The Technical Java Product Manager is responsible for everything that faces our customers for our developer tools. At the moment, this position is not a manager position. It is a position for a versatile individual who can wear many hats. As the company grows, the goal is to hire employees to work under the supervision of the Technical Product Manager.
The Product Manager will look at our products from a customers’ perspective and direct their evolution to improve usability, performance and marketability.
This position requires an understanding of how our end users integrate and use our Java API products in the context of their applications as well as a very detailed and deep knowledge of the APIs, where even Java method names make a difference.
The Product Manager will work closely with our software engineer manager and our development team. He / She will also work with the end-user product manager to help flow features implemented in the libraries into our end-user tools.
The Product Manager will report directly to Qoppa’s president.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- At least 5 years of experience with the whole development life cycle
- At least 5 years of Java software programming experience
- Multiple platforms (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X) experience is a plus
- Any experience with the PDF format is a plus
- Passionate about software
- Strong customer focus
- Detailed-oriented yet with the ability to see the big picture
- Independent, self-motivated and goal oriented
Developer Technical Support
Answer technical pre- and post sales questions.
Flow customer feedback about API, missing functions, clarifications, back into development cycle.
Identify defects from customer reports and manage resolution.
Documentation / Website Content
Create release notes.
Update developer guide and product info on our website accordingly.
Review new code samples and create corresponding KB entries.
Maintain and enhance demos as needed.
Responsible for the Public Java API
Design and review all public API changes.
Ensure that the API is clearly and thoroughly documented in JavaDoc.
Responsible for building, testing and deploying new versions.
Maintain and enhance ongoing automated regression testing.
Ensure strict quality control on new features. Work with end-user product team for GUI testing.
We will only consider local candidates.
We will only consider candidates that are authorized to work in the US.