Getting Started with
To start using PDF studio, simply launch the application and open a
PDF document using the Welcome Screen,
by going to File > Open on
the menu, or the using Open button
on the toolbar. Once a document is loaded, you can being navigating, editing,
printing, or saving the document as you wish.
The Main Menu
– functions to work with PDF files, including opening, creating,
saving, reverting, etc...
– Undo, Redo, search, tool selection, and Preferences.
– Navigation panel selection, magnification options, and document
– Manipulate pages, split, merge, rotate, add headers and footers.
– Add new annotations and stamps, export, import, or delete comments.
– Create and Edit forms, export and import form data , and reset or flatten fields.
– Export pages as images and import images.
– Print a batch, apply actions to a batch, set security to a batch,
– View and set document security, digitally sign a PDF
– Cascade, tile, or minimize windows.
– Access to documentation, send an email to support, information about
The Toolbar is located at the top of the PDF
Studio window. The toolbar is where you will find all of the most commonly
used functions in PDF Studio.
The Welcome Screen is located in the
main frame of PDF Studio and is only displayed when no document is currently
open. The welcome screen allows you to quickly open recent new files,
create PDFs from various sources, or access the user guide and knowledge
Panes are where you will find additional tools or information on the
current document. These pane can be resized by clicking and dragging the
edge of the pane. Pane can also be completed closed by either clicking
the "x" on the top right of the pane, using the toggle buttons
on the left of the PDF Studio window, or going to View
> Tabs and unchecking the pane you wish to close.
Details of each of the panels are listed below.
The left pane can show one of four different views. The views can be
toggled by their respective buttons on the left side of the screen, or
from the View menu. The following views are available:
- Pages Pane –
view miniature versions of all the pages in the documents. Click a
thumbnail to go to that page. Thumbnails can be dragged and
dropped within a document to move pages, or across documents to copy
pages into another document. You can also drag supported
file types to the thumbnail pane to add them as PDF Pages.
- Bookmarks Pane –
view bookmarks or the document's table of contents, if present. Bookmarks
allow navigation through bookmarked regions.
Pane - view files that have been attached to the PDF document,
if any. Attached files can be viewed,
- Layers Pane –
view layers contained in the document, if any. You can toggle layers
by checking them on or off.
Pane – view digital
signatures that have been applied to the document.
Comments list in the right pane shows frequently used and saved comments.
Click on any of the comments to quickly reuse a previous or saved annotation
with just a single click.
view in the bottom pane shows any comments / annotations in the document.
Navigate to a specific comment by selecting it in the list.