Managing Timestamp Servers
PDF Studio allows you to manage the timestamp servers that can be used
when digitally signing PDFs.
Accessing the Timestamp Server Settings
To access the timestamp server preferences do one of the following
- Go to Security >
Security Settings > Timestamp Servers from the menu.
- Go to Edit > Preferences
(Windows & Linux) or PDF Studio
12 > Preferences
(Mac) then select Timestamp
Servers from the panel on the left
Timestamp Server Options
Click on the Add button to add a new timestamp server.
Use the dialog to set the settings for the server
- Server Information
- Display Name: the name displayed in the Digital
Signature Options when applying a stamp
- URL: the URL of the timestamp server
- Make this my default TSA: when checked, this timestamp
server will be used as the default when signing
- User Information
- TSA requires authentication: check this box if the server requires
- User name: the user name for authentication on the timestamp
- Password: the password for authentication on the timestamp
Click on the Edit button to change the details
of the selected timestamp server
Click on the Delete button to delete the selected
This cannot be undone. You will need
to re-add the timestamp server again if needed
Click on the Set Default button
to set the selected server as the default.
A default must be selected for a timestamp
server to be used with signing or certifying.