Form Editing Mode
In order to create forms on a PDF you must first be in form editing
mode. In form editing mode, most tools will be hidden and only navigation,
form fields, properties, and alignment options will remain. Once the form
is completed close the form editing mode to return to the viewing the
document as normal.
- The object selection tool
on the toolbar can select one or more fields/annotations to move,
align, or edit their properties. This tool is also available
in the standard document view to allow for quick editing/moving of
- The typewriter annotation
is included on this toolbar so that labels can be created in form
editing mode. To make them permanent, flatten
the typewriter annotations once the form has been created.
- The Page Thumbnails tab is hidden by default but can be shown by
clicking on icon on the left side of the PDF
Starting/Stopping Form Editing Mode
When using the Ribbon Toolbar just
click on the Forms Tab
to activate form editing mode.
- Open any document in PDF Studio
- On the menu bar select Forms
> Create/Edit Form or use the shortcut keys Ctrl +
Shift + M (⌘ + Shift + M on
- This will open up the Form
Field Editor Toolbar. In form editing mode, most toolbars will
be hidden; navigation, form fields, properties, and alignment options
- You can now edit the Create/Edit forms on the PDF document as needed.
- Note: If
the document is protected or locked you will not be able to edit
the form fields until they are unlocked
- Once complete click on Stop Form Editing to close the
- Save the document and the fields will be ready for use