Creating Self-Signed Digital IDs
In order to sign documents, you must first have a digital ID. If you
do not have an existing ID you can use PDF Studio to create a new digital
ID to be used when signing documents. When creating a digital ID with
PDF Studio it is considered a Self-Signed Digital ID which means that
it is not using a third-party to validate the signature.
When creating a Self-Signed Digital
ID with PDF Studio the signature will not show as validated on other users
computer as the trusted certificate will currently only be on your computer.
You will need to send your newly created digital certificate to your recipients
and they will need to install them before your signatures can be validated.
How to Create Self-Signed Digital ID
- Access the Add Digital ID dialog using one of the methods below
- Go to File Tab > Preferences
and select Digital
IDs from the panel on the left of the preferences dialog
and click on Add Digital ID.
- When applying a digital signature, select New
Digital ID from the drop down
- Go to Secure
Tab > Digital IDs and click on Add Digital ID.
- Select Create New Digital ID Now
- Fill out the information for digital ID. Name and Email Address
- Valid Until: The expiration date of the digital ID
- Name: Name of the signer
- Organizational Unit: Name of the organizational unit
- Organization Name: Name of the organization
- Locality/City: city where the signer is located
- State: state where the signer is located
- Country: country where the signer is located
- Email: Email address of the signer
- Choose a location to save the digital ID and set a password
By default the location will
be stored in the PDF Studio user settings folder
- Click Finish to create the digital ID
- The newly created ID will be added to PDF Studio's list of IDs
and can now be used when Applying