Auto Create Links
The Auto Create Links tool within PDF Studio allows you to search the
entire document to automatically create links for the defined criteria
set by the user. Once the text is found using the defined settings links
can be automatically applied to the document at each of the text locations.
PDF must contain searchable text in order for the Auto Create Links tool
Automatically Creating Links
- Select Comments Tab > Link
> Auto Create Links.
- Set the search options for the type or specific text you wish to
find in the document using the below settings
- Web Links - Searches for text strings that contains "http://"
- Email Links - Searches for emails matching the standard "...@..."
- Search - Searches for specific text defined by the user
- Case Sensitive - When checked will only find the specific
text matching the exact case (i.e. searching for capital "A"
will ignore lowercase "a")
- URL - Defines what web address to set as the link
when searching by text
- Click Find to search the document for text that appears depending
on which "search for" options are selected. The matching
text that is found based on the search options set will be displayed
in the table below.
- Check the boxes in the "Make" column of the text you
wish to add links to.
- The link to be created is displayed in the "Link" column
of the table. This value can be edited by double clicking on the Link
you wish to edit. Once finished editing click anywhere else to finish
- Examples of valid links:
- Set the options for the Links that will be created for the selected
- Border Width - Sets the width of the border line
- Border Color - Sets the color of the border
- Text Color - This will change the color of the text that was
found. Useful if you want others to know that the text is now
- Click on the Make button to create the links in the document
Once created the links function just as normal Link
Annotations and can be edited as normal.