Editing Field Tab Order
PDF Studio allows you to set the tab order of fields within a document.
This allows you to designate what field comes next when the user is tabbing
through the document to make it easier to complete. Follow the instructions
below to rearrange the field tab order in a PDF form.
By default the tab order is created
in the order that the fields are created. It's usually best practice to
either create the fields in the correct order or rearrange them afterwards
as many users will be confused if the when pressing tab they are taken
to a completely different section of the page.
Changing the Field Tab Order
- Start the Form Editing Mode by going to the Forms
- On the left hand side of the PDF Studio frame will be the Fields
You may need to click on the
"Fields" button to open the pane
- In this pane you will see a list of all the fields per page
within the document. To field tab order in the document goes from
the top of the field tree to the bottom of the field tree. To edit
the field tab order drag and drop the items into the order that you
want the fields to tab starting with the first at the top and the
last at the bottom of the list.
- Once complete click on Stop Form Editing to close the
- Save the document and the fields will be ready for use