Print Defaults Preferences
The Print Defaults Preferences section allows you to select which Print
dialog to use in PDF Studio as well as set the print options to use when
printing with the System Print Dialog.
To open the Print Defaults Preferences dialog:
- Go to Edit > Preferences
(Windows & Linux) or PDF
> Preferences (Mac)
- Select Print Defaults from
the panel on the left of the preferences dialog to view
or modify these preferences.
Print dialog - allows you to
choose which print dialog to use in PDF Studio.
- Print with Windows/Mac/Linux: Prints the PDF using the default
system print dialog. The settings in this dialog will be determined
by the operating system not PDF Studio. Below are additional settings
that will be enabled when printing with the System.
- Print with PDF Studio: Prints the PDF using the PDF Studio dialog.
When selected the settings below will be disabled because these settings
are available directly in the PDF Studio print dialog.
Print with Windows/Mac/Linux Settings
Print Options - Additional print
options to size the content to the page.
- Center In Page:
center the page in the paper. No effect if the pages in a document
are larger than the paper they are being printed on.
- Shrink To Margins: shrink pages so that they fit in
the paper. No effect if the pages in a document are smaller than the
paper they are being printed on.
- Expand To Margins: expand pages to fill the paper
they are being printed on. No effect if the pages in a document are
larger than the paper they are being printed on.
Orientation - The layout
and direction of the content being placed on the page
- Auto Rotate pages: rotate
the printout to match the width and length with the paper. The portrait
/ landscape settings cannot be set by the user when this option is
Comments & Forms: Sets the
printing options for documents with comments and forms
- Document and Comments: prints the document with all comments
- Document Only: prints the document without any comments.
For a list of all comments that will be removed see Annotating
and Commenting PDFs
- Form Fields Only: prints only the form fields and no other