The General Preferences section contains all of the general settings
for PDF Studio.
To open the General Preferences dialog:
- Go to Edit > Preferences
(Windows & Linux) or PDF
> Preferences (Mac).
- Select General from
the panel on the left of the preferences dialog to view
or modify these preferences.
Language - Select English, French,
German, Italian, or Spanish. The default language will be determined from
the language setting for the computer/operating system. Restart PDF Studio
after changing this setting.
Default Page -
Sets the default page size and orientation when Creating
a Blank PDF or Adding
a Blank Page.
- Size: the page size of the document using many of the global standards
and also a custom option.
- Orientation: The orientation of the page, landscape or portrait.
Units – Define preferred measurement
units (inches, centimeters, points, millimeters). Units will be used for
the Crop dialog and in Document Properties when displaying the page size.
Paste Images – Sets whether
or not adjust to zoom for the pasted images. When checked images pasted
into PDF Studio will maintain the same size and scale as when viewed from
the application it was pasted from.
- Save As: When selected, the snapshot taken will save an image to
the file system. The destination directory and format for the image
will be determined from the extension selected in the drop down and
the contents of the Folder text field.
- Always Show Dialog: choose to always show the dialog to select
the image format and save location when taking a snapshot.
- Use system file dialog: Switch between the Java file dialog and
System file dialog. This selection is available to Windows and Linux/Unix
- Use temporary file on save: Create a temporary file when saving
documents. Some document management applications that use a WebDAV
server require writing directly to the original file to preserve the
- Warn before deleting pages: displays a warning before Deleting
- Warn before changing security: displays a warning when making changes
- Warn before flattening all comments: displays a warning before
- Warn before deleting all comments: displays a warning before Deleting
- Show welcome screen on startup: when checked, the Welcome
Screen will be displayed on startup