Setting Bookmark Destination
A bookmarks destination is where the user will be taken within the document when clicked. By default this will be the exact same view and scale set when the bookmark was created. The destination can easily be changed if needed after being created.
How to Set a Bookmark Destination
A bookmark's destination can be changed using one of the following methods below:
Using Set Destination
- Navigate to the location in the document that you want the bookmark to go to
- Then Right-click (Mac: Ctrl + Click) on the bookmark in the bookmark tree and select Set Destination.
- Note: This will remove any actions currently associated with the bookmark and replace them with a Go To Page action for the current page and view.
Using the Properties Dialog
- Right click (Mac: Ctrl + Click) on the bookmark you wish to edit and choose Properties in the mouse menu.
- Click on the Edit button below the Bookmark Actions section
- Enter the details for the destination you would like the bookmark to go to
- Page Number: the page number in the document
- Zoom: the zoom to use if needed
- Percent: only available if Custom is selected in Zoom
- Set Visually: This allows you to set the destination by navigating to a point in the document. Once set the bookmark will go to the exact location and zoom level in the document that is set when using this function.