Bookmarking Selected Text
If a bookmark is created while some text is selected in a document, the bookmark will be created for the current page view and the selected text will be used as its name.
How to Create a Bookmark from Selected Text
- Click on the Select Text icon on the toolbar
- Drag the mouse to select the desired text
- Once you have the word or text selected, create the bookmark using one of the methods below:
Create Bookmark from Text as a Parent
To add a bookmark as a parent do one of the following:
- Go to Document > Create Bookmark, or use the shortcut key Ctrl + B (Command + B on Mac)
- Click the add bookmark button at the top of the bookmark panel
- Note: If the bookmark panel is not visible (this happens when a document doesn't have any bookmarks defined), click on View > Bookmarks to display the bookmarks pane.
- Right click on an existing bookmark and go to Add in the right click menu and select Before or After
Create Bookmark from Text as a Child (under a parent)
To create a bookmark as a child (underneath or a subgroup of the parent)
- Right click (Mac: Ctrl + Click) on an existing bookmark and go to Add in the right click menu and select Child