Trusting Digital Signatures
Digital signatures can be added to your trusted certificates list from other users that you trust. Once added to your list, anytime a document is signed using the same digital ID it will be listed as trusted.
Note: It's important that you only trust certificates from someone you know and have already established a mutual trust.
How to Trust a Digital ID
Trusted IDs can be added either from an existing signature field or by importing a trusted certificate
Using an Existing Signed Field
- Using the Hand Tool click on the signature that you wish to validate.
- This will display a dialog showing the Signature Validation Status
- Click on the Details button
- Select a certificate on the left and click on the Trust Certificate button to add the digital ID as a trusted certificate
Importing Trusted Certificates
- Go to Edit > Preferences (Windows & Linux) or PDF Studio 11 > Preferences (Mac)
- Select Trusted Certificates from the panel on the left of the preferences dialog
- Click on the Import button. This will open a file chooser dialog
- Navigate to the certificate you wish to import
- Note: Only .cer or .crt formats can be imported
- Click on Open to import the certificate and add the digital ID as a trusted certificate