Linking Form Fields
PDF Studio allows you to link multiple form fields in a document together.
Linking one or more fields together makes the same data populate each
instance of the field within the document. This is helpful for putting
dates or client names on every page of the document.
Only fields of the same type can be
How to Link Form Fields
- First create the form fields that you need in your document. For
more information on creating form fields see Creating
- To link the fields all you need to do is give each of the fields
the same name either when creating them or by editing them.
- Once you click OK to
confirm the field name setting you will get a message asking if you
would like to link the fields. Click on OK to save the field name
and link the fields
- Repeat steps 1-3 to link as many form fields as you need.
- Once complete click on the Stop Form Editing button on
the toolbar to close the form editor and save the document
- The fields will now be ready for you to begin typing in information
Note: Radio buttons can be grouped in a similar
way, by giving them the same name, you will also have to make sure the
Radio Button Choice under the Options tab is also labeled the same.