Side by Side Comparison
has a Side by Side PDF Comparison tool that allows you to open two PDF
documents in the same window next to each other to compare visually. This
can be useful when comparing PDF documents that may have text or image
This feature may not be available depending
on what has been enabled/disabled in your distribution. See the specific
documentation of your application for additional instructions.
- Open the initial or first document in jPDF
Editor. This will become Document A in the Side by
- Start the Side by Side comparison mode
- Note: "See
the specific documentation for your application for detailed instructions"
- Select the second document that you wish to compare with Document
A. This will become Document B in the Side by Side comparison
- You will now see Document A (on the left) and Document B (on the
right) opened side by side in the same jPDF
- At any time during the comparison, using the toolbar, you can only
annotate or markup any changes onto Document A.
- You can markup Document B by right clicking on Document B and selecting
the tool that you wish to use. The tools available for document B
Once the text is selected you can right click on the highlighted
and choose a text markup action.
If you would like you can switch over to our Overlay Comparison
mode by clicking on the Overlay button overlay
in the top right corner of the above Document B.
- Sticky Note
- Select Text
When switching over to Overlay Comparison if any changes have been made
to Document B they will need to first be saved. jjPDF
Editor will prompt you to do so when switching to Overlay