jPDFWriter – Java PDF Library to Create Generate PDF Documents
jPDFWriter – Java PDF Creation Library
Generate PDF documents directly from your Java programs. jPDFWriter is a Java class library that allows you to create PDF documents directly from your Java programs without having to install any third party drivers or software. jPDFWriter emulates the standard Java classes to print and draw graphics to reduce the learning curve when using the library and reuse existing code.
jPDFWriter can create PDF files in two ways:
- PDF files can be created directly using jPDFWriter’s very simple API. Simply create a PDFDocument object, create as many PDFPage objects as necessary, draw strings, graphics or any other elements supported by Graphics2D to the pages and then save the document.
- jPDFWriter also extends the standard Java PrinterJob so that you can create PDF files in the same way that you would print to a physical printer. This allows for reuse of existing printing code and for an application to decide, at runtime, whether to send the output to a printer or to a PDF file.
PDF files can be saved to files on a disk, written to a java.io.OutputStream or written directly to a javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream to show in a browser when working within a J2EE application server.
jPDFWriter is written entirely in Java so application portability and operating system independence are not compromised. jPDFWriter has been tested on Windows, Linux, Unix (Solaris, HP UX, IBM AIX) and Max OS X.
- Emulates the java graphics and printing classes, thus minimizing code changes and training.
- Allows runtime decision to go to a printer or to a PDF file.
- Supports PDF compression for smaller document size.
- Support for PDF encryption and permissions.
- Support for embedding fonts.
- Support for all image types, including JBIG2 and JPEG 2000.
- Works on Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS X (100% Java).
- Tested on JDK 1.4.2 and above.
- No need to install or configure additional drivers or software when deploying your application.
If you require any additional information, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.