jPDFText – Java PDF Library to Extract Text from PDF Documents
jPDFText is a Java library to extract text from PDF documents. With jPDFText, PDF documents can be processed to extract the textual content for archiving, storage, searching or indexing. jPDFText is built on top of Qoppa’s proprietary PDF technology so you do not have to install any third party software or drivers. Since it is written in Java, it allows your application to remain platform independent and run on Windows, Linux, Unix (Solaris, HP UX, IBM AIX), Mac OS X and any other platform that supports the Java runtime environment.
- Load PDF documents from files, network drives, URLs or input streams
- Extract text in the logical reading order
- Extract words as a vector of Strings
- Works on Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS X (100% Java)
- No need to install or configure additional drivers or software when deploying
- Tested on JDK 1.4.2 and above